Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bartłomiej Pokorski (born: May 1, 1996 [age 26]), better known online as BartekGM, is a Polish YouTuber commonly known for creating the video review series Najgorsze Gry Wszechczasów (ENG: Worst Games of All Time). In his main series, he is using the text-to-speech software IVONA, which was developed by Ivona Software (currently named Amazon Development Center Poland).
- Najgorsze Gry Wszechczasów (Worst Games of All Time) - (2009-present)
- Najgorsze Gry Wszechczasów FAN MADE (Worst Games of All Time FAN MADE) - (2012-2013)
- 15 sekundowe poradniki (15 second guides) - (2009-2012)
- Gry, o których nie słyszeliście (Games you never heard about) - (2011-2015)
- Anomalie gotowane na parze (Anomalies cooked on steam) - (2016-present)
- Wybuch kontrolowany (Controlled explosion) - (2017-present)
Why He's Amazing
- He is one of the first Polish The Angry Video Game Nerd and Spoony clones, which disseminated this type of content in the form of a video reviews of bad games in Polish. Although his main inspiration is CD-Actions Kaszanka-Zone section, in which CD-Action employees review the game with a score lower than 3/10.
- He cares and respects his series, keeping things that have appeared since the debut, for example the IVONA text-to-speech software instead of his voice in the Najgorsze Gry Wszechczasów series. Although for many years, since 2012, he has started making videos with his own voice outside the main series.
- With each new season, his scripts are improved more and more with a rich amount of words and synonyms.
- He can find extremely obscure games that almost no one has heard of in their existence, for example World War III: The Fight Against Terrorism, Dirty Dancing: The Video Game, W.A.R. Soldiers: The True Story, and Tricked n' Tuned: West Coast Streets, and more.
- Mostly, but not always, he does a good research. The information about who developed or published a given game, he's searching mostly on Wikipedia, MobyGames, and GameFAQs. Sometimes he's searching on Absolute Games (ag.ru) and Gry-Online, only if the game is not available on the websites mentioned earlier.
- Similiary like DX, he's fully aware of how terrible, average, or good games really look and play. Hence, he does not take into account games that are considered bad by players and otherwise by critics, but he suggested by the overall reception from both sides, that is, critics and players. Hence, he mostly ignores the viewers' suggestions, who propose games that are not bad enough and not interesting enough for him to qualify for the Najgorsze Gry Wszechczasów series.
- Though sometimes he doesn't have enough resistance being bombarded with comments from viewers from a given game, such as Uriel's Chasm (including its sequel) and Taxi Madness London, and luckily he managed to make reviews for those games.
- He has a great ability to edit videos, especially since he has been using Vegas Pro for so many years. Hence, it's hard not to be surprised that he was hired as the editor of Polsat Games.
- He spawned legendary lines, such as "GALAKTYCZNIE... zła gra aktorska" (ENG: GALACTICALLY... bad voice acting) from 84th episode (and onwards), when he reviewed Ride to Hell: Retribution and "Wolałbym..." (ENG: I would rather...) since the 30th episode, in which he chooses various tortures, which are the so-called "better" than playing those games again.
- His rating [PIERDOLONE 0/10] (ENG: Fucking 0/10) is absolutely cult, which is also a substitute for the negative number ratings. The inspiration to add such a rating was the game S.O.E.: Operation Avalanche, which frustrated him to such an extent that for the first time in history, he used such a rating. The reason why he resigned the negative number ratings, simply said it didn't make sense.
- He makes great and memorable intros for a given season by the standards of the year he originally used. The best he did was from the third season (because of the music with the famous "Tato, weź szpinak" (ENG: "Dad, take the spinach") Polish sounding, from the 6th season (despite it was controversial, for some reason), and the 11th one, which has been the best done so far. Although from 1st, 5th to 10th seasons he was abusing Metallica songs.
- Bartek is doing an extremely good job at making special episodes. In the 100th episode, he reviewed five games, which made this movie lasting 50 minutes, which is also his most popular video. And in the 150th episode, he reviewed Plumbers Don't Wear Ties, inviting guests who contributed to the video. Eventually there was a scene where he reached to Nothingness, along with his summoned button that was intended to create a reboot of the series, where a box with the legendary game that was reviewed in the 1st episode, that appeared at the end of the video.
- Contrary to many YouTubers who take breaks, he's not ignoring viewers and is not causing overwhelming silence by posting various things on YouTube in the Community section, but mainly his activity is noticeable on Twitter and occasionally on Facebook.
- His first 29 episodes of Najgorsze Gry Wszechczasów are poorly-aged and look amateurish compared to the episodes he began continuing in 2011, since the 30th episode.
- Since 23th episode, his series began to downfall, from making normal reviews to completely pointless joking excuses. From here he took a half-year break until the 29th episode, as he was aware that the series had ended in this way.
- The Gry, o których nie słyszeliście series was underwhelming in comparison to his other series on his channel, showing freeware indie games with uninspiring commentary. Fortunatelly, he improved it in the 7th episode, although later he cancelled the series.
- Bartek was not suitable as a developer, creating low-quality games on the GameMaker engine, where he even admitted that he asked for help from more experienced people in teaching game development. His most notable game is Sim Live, which he has even reviewed extremely negatively in 22th episode.
- Bartek used to be in the disbanded "Ciapskład" team, creating parodies and YTPs. Not to mentioning that he uploaded some of his videos on BudowaStudios channel.
- He has some side channels on YouTube:
- (ENG: Bonka Productions) - There he uploads various films, mostly covers.
- The YouTube hiatus between May 2019 and today is due to a lack of motivation earlier and later a licentiate who had to write it (who already wrote in August 2020) and defend it in October 2020.
- Currently, he's an editor on the Polish TV channel Polsat Games.
- Bartek contributed to the co-creation of the hour-long collaboration titled Wielki Mix NiecikTube (NiecikTube Large Mix). His effort begins the moment you click this link.
- The reason why he keept the IVONA program in the main program to this day is due to the tradition, the length of the series' existence and his too delicate voice for vulgar language.
- In 22th episode of Najgorsze Gry Wszechczasów, he reviewed his own game called Sim Live, which is The Sims rip-off made on the GameMaker engine.
- The username BartekGM was taken from his real name and the abbreviation of the GameMaker engine software.
- He has a contact with Allistayrian on Steam, the original creator of this page.
- He owns the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo DS Lite. According to Allistayrian, who was talking with the content creator by chatting, Bartek planned to buy an Xbox 360, but it is not confirmed whether he owns it.
The 1st episode of Najgorsze Gry Wszechczasów
Special Episodes of Najgorsze Gry Wszechczasów
The latest episode of Najgorsze Gry Wszechczasów so far
- Here is a list of special episodes considered by the author of the Najgorsze Gry Wszechczasów series: https://bartekgm.fandom.com/wiki/Najgorsze_Gry_Wszechczasów/Odcinki_specjalne