Jump to navigation Jump to search
The B1M is a British YouTube channel focused on major construction projects around the world. As of March 12, 2020, it has 948,000+ subscribers.
Why It's Amazing[edit | edit source]
- The visuals of the channel are very high-quality and always refreshing to look at.
- The channel always helps to give us up-to-date and quality information about infrastructure projects around the world.
- The logo of the channel and the intro are both well-made and clean.
- The narration is always impeccable and helps to give us a further idea of not just the projects, but also the circumstances of the places in which they are being built.
- The negative and positive criticism of the projects being discussed is always useful and rationally applied.
- For example, in "The $15BN Island That Will Make or Break Sri Lanka" which discusses the development of a new urban district in Colombo, Sri Lanka, while it is pointed out that it could help to reclaim talent in Sri Lanka, it is also noted that this could be a major debt trap for the country. It is also noted that another Chinese-constructed property there, the Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport, is empty, underused, and caused the country to fall into massive debt, which imposes worries for anything else the Chinese construct there.
- The channel can also help to educate viewers about how construction can reap major benefits for not just people, but also for the environment.
- Neither the thumbnails nor the titles of any of the videos are clickbaity and they always appear honest and truthful to what they have in store.